COURSE AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of H2S Safety training is to facilitate participants with the:
- Knowledge of H2S hazards and characteristics.
- Capacity to recognize alarm and respond successfully to H2S discharge.
- Ability to utilise SCBA equipment effectively.
On successful completion of assessment the participants will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of H2S.
- Recognize the Alarm systems.
- Identify the components of SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus).
- SCBA Maintenance and fitting.
- Respond effectively to an alarm.
- Perform proper rescue activities.
The class lasts 8 hours. Knowledge is assessed by written paper, and skills and behavior are evaluated by successful demonstration using SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus).